Heuser Hearing Institute’s Integrative Counseling & Wellness Center provides patient centered assessment, diagnosis, counseling and integrative healing therapy approaches for individuals, families, caregivers and groups to cope with the stress and practical challenges of life, hearing loss and issues related to hearing and ear health.
Integrative Counseling & Wellness Center is accepting patients for in-clinic crisis appointments, telehealth and video remote counseling, wellness and community health and social resources navigation sessions.
Are you experiencing stress due to:
- A new diagnosis of hearing loss for yourself or a loved one?
- Anxiety or Depression?
- Difficulty with relationships?
- Having a need to address practical, family, emotional, hearing and/or ear health concerns?
- Needing assistance in accessing community-based social services programs and/or resources?
- Social distancing or isolation?
We offer a number of services that include integrative counseling & wellness support for the following conditions:
- Cancer treatment and survivorship
- Caregiver support
- Dementia and hearing loss
- Depression & Anxiety
- Parents of children diagnosed with hearing loss
- Pain Management: Non pharmaceutical alternatives
- Palliative care, hospice, loss, and grief
- Sudden or progressive illness
- Traumatic brain injury
- Trauma Informed care
Oncology Patients – Patient centered services offered for those who are in active cancer treatment and/or afterward in the survivorship phase and who lose their hearing as a result of (cisplatin or platinum-based chemotherapy), and who experience hearing loss, aural neuropathy or auditory processing issues after chemo, radiation, or surgery of the head and neck.
Parents, Caregiver & Family: Individual and Group Sessions – Offered for those who support loved ones with hearing loss providing access to other Heuser Hearing Institute resources, community resources and referrals, information, technical assistance, advocacy, classes, workshops and therapy for grief, loss and finding balance in new living a healthy, happy life, coping with hearing loss, ear-related health concerns, and/or other challenges in life as well as experiencing issues with access to communication needs in healthcare, education and community settings.
Patients who are Deaf and Deafblind – receive assessment, diagnosis and therapy 1:1 with a therapist who can sign directly, or if requested, through a sign language interpreter.
Call Heuser Hearing Institute at (502) 584-3573 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Download and fill out a copy of our Integrative Counseling & Wellness Center Enrollment Packet prior to an appointment.