Contact Shannon Kisselbaugh, Director of Philanthropy, at (502) 371-9939 to discuss ways to support Heuser Hearing Institute.
Donate by mail or phone
Mail your check made payable to Heuser Hearing & Language Academy to 111 E. Kentucky Street, Louisville, KY 40203. Call (502) 371-9939 to make a gift by phone.
Along with monetary donations and volunteer support, we have ongoing needs for specific items for Heuser Hearing & Language Academy and our hearing clinics.
We rely on the generosity of the community to help provide these items on our Wish List. Donations are tax deductible per IRS regulations.
Donors can purchase items from our Amazon WishList and have them delivered directly to Heuser Hearing Institute. You may also drop off donated items to one of our locations during regular business hours.
Individual Retirement Accounts
If you or someone you know is 70 ½ or older, consider a tax-free gift from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) directly to Heuser Hearing & Language Academy.
This gift counts towards the required minimum distribution (RMD) and no taxes are paid on the charitable distribution.
How it works:
- If you are 70½ or older, you can give up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to Heuser Hearing & Language Academy.
- The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you still benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
- If you have not taken your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
- The transfer may be made in addition to any other charitable giving you have planned.
- Provide your IRA custodian with this information:
- Please issue a check in the amount of $ (amount) payable to Heuser Hearing & Language Academy and mail it to: Heuser Hearing & Language Academy, Attn: Shannon Kisselbaugh, 111 E Kentucky St, Louisville, KY 40203
- The qualified charitable organization’s federal tax identification number is: 61-0492369.
- In your transmittal to the above named charitable organization, please memorialize my name and address as the donor of record in connection with this transfer, and copy me on the transmittal at the address below.
- It is my intention that this gift complies with IRC 408(d)(8). It is also my intention to have this transfer qualify during the current tax year.
Gifts of Appreciated Stock
Donating appreciated securities often allows donors to make a bigger philanthropic impact and enjoy greater tax advantages than donating cash or selling the stock and donating the proceeds. Did you know that giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide better tax benefits than giving cash? How? Donors who have held a publicly traded stock for more than one year can avoid capital gains tax and may be eligible for an income tax deduction for the market value of the stock they are gifting.
Hearing Aids and Devices
Your donated hearing aids and devices are used in our hearing aid loaner bank, the largest of its kind in the state, to give those in need in our community the gift of sound. Donated hearing aids are also used for educational and training purposes for staff and students completing their audiology residency at our organization. If you would like to donate hearing aids and devices, drop them off at any of our locations during regular business hours.
Join the Legacy Society
Including a gift to Heuser Hearing Institute in your estate plans helps ensure that future generations will have access to hearing health and experience the gift of sound and language. Legacy Society membership is extended to individuals who support Heuser Hearing Institute through a bequest in their will or living trust, a beneficiary designation in a retirement account or life insurance policy, or through other planned gifts that provide income for life and tax benefits to the donor.
Wills or Trusts
Make a bequest by naming Heuser Hearing & Language Academy in your will or trust. If your documents are already in place you can add an addendum to a trust or a codicil to your will.
You can name Heuser Hearing & Language Academy as the beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance policy, bank or investment accounts and real estate. Giving retirement plan assets to charity and other assets to your loved ones may mean your loved ones get more.
How to make your gift:
To name Heuser Hearing & Language Academy as a beneficiary, contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form and include this information: Heuser Hearing & Language Academy, 111 E Kentucky St, Louisville, KY 40203, Tax Payer Identification Number 61-0492369.
Then notify us so we can thank you for your gift and welcome you to the 1948 Legacy Society!
Contact Shannon Kisselbaugh, Director of Philanthropy, at (502) 371-9939 for suggested language for your will or beneficiary designation form. Please consult your tax advisor when considering making any charitable gift. Heuser Hearing Institute cannot provide tax advice.