Every year, countless Kentuckians deal with the problems associated with hearing loss but are unable to financially afford the proper care needed to live a normal life. To help fill this void, the Listen Up! Project was created. It provides you or a loved one with the opportunity to volunteer at one of the Heuser Hearing Institute’s charitable foundations partners around Louisville in exchange for credit toward the purchase of a hearing aid. This pilot program has been made possible by a generous donation from Delta Dental of Kentucky’s Making Smiles Happen program.
List of Requirements
In order to participate in the Listen Up! Project Requirements you must:
- Show a need for hearing aids
- Be retired with no insurance benefits available for hearing aids
- Receive an evaluation before receiving hearing aids
- Volunteer for 200 hours at participating nonprofits*
- Be spirited and motivated to improve the community
- Visit the Heuser Hearing Clinic twice a year for check-up visits
- Be willing to sign a media release
*To qualify for annual upkeep of the devices, you must volunteer for 50 hours each year after receipt of your hearing aids.
- Hearing aid recipients will be selected for the program at the discretion of Heuser Hearing Institute based on several factors including hearing need, financial need and commitment to community involvement
- Hearing aids come with a 3-year peace of mind warranty and 3-year hearing healthcare subscription at Heuser Hearing Institute
- All non-profit organizations can participate as volunteer sites after approval from Heuser Hearing Institute
Interested in Participating in the Listen Up! Project?
If you are interested in participating in the Listen Up! Project, answer the below questions and send us your story to tell us what makes you a great candidate.
- Where would you like to volunteer?
- How will hearing aids improve your quality of life?
- How will hearing aids improve the quality of life of those around you?
- What dream do you have or what goal would you like to accomplish once you are able to hear better?
Email your response along with your contact information to:
Call Heuser Hearing Institute at (502) 584-3573 for more information or to schedule an appointment.