Youth Leadership Board
The Heuser Hearing Institute Leadership Board is made up of future community leaders and dedicated pre-university students from many schools throughout the Kentucky and Indiana regions we serve. The Youth Leadership Board aims to educate students about the value of philanthropy while also bringing awareness about speech, hearing, and processing disorders to different audiences in many diverse communities.
The students on the board are advocates for early childhood education and child development. They perform several functions including putting on fundraisers and giving personal support to the children Heuser Hearing Institute serves.
The Youth Leadership Board is led by an elected executive committee comprising the president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. This year’s roster includes about 20 11th- and 12th-grade students from high schools throughout the region. We welcome applications from juniors and seniors interested in getting involved with a great program while also serving the deaf and hard of hearing community through volunteerism. Please contact us to submit your resume or learn more about the Youth Leadership Board.
Goals of the 2015 Heuser Hearing Institute Youth Leadership Board
- Give financial support to and personally affect the children we serve
- Raise awareness for the cause that we represent
- Maintain and improve Heuser Hearing & Language Academy facilities
- Set the foundation for future Leadership Boards
Examples of Volunteer Jobs Students Perform:
- Creating and managing social media platforms and posts
- Acquiring and managing invitations and collateral
- Fundraising promotion
- Decorating for events and fundraisers
- Scheduling and managing event vendors
- Organizing and overseeing entertainment groups and equipment
- Stewarding new relationships with donors and other groups or parties